Friday, November 27, 2009

Time of Thanksgiving and mourning

I have so much to be eternally grateful for and have really been spending time thanking God for so much the last few days. Salvation, His continued transformation of our lives, my husband, my son and his wife, my two beautiful daughters. Our nation, our soldiers and their families. God's over all goodness to His creation.

Today, I learned of the passing of a lovely 17-year-old girl after a valiant fight with cancer. My heart mourns with this family. We have known them for several years, as our son and the older sister were friends in high school. We are weeping and grieving as though we had deep relationship with Lindsay and her family. Yet we don't.

But praying for Lindsay as she fought cancer over the last couple of years has totally captured our hearts. From my husband to my almost 18-year-old daughter, to me, we have been interceding deeply for Lindsay and her family. I find this so amazing that our God would so trust His children to intercede and come along side people who are going though incredible difficulties. What a great God we serve that He cares so much to express His heart through to hurting ones through us, even if from a distance.

And so I continue on in gratefulness, while mourning this lovely young lady. Please pray for Lindsay's family as they walk through this time of grief.

1 comment:

Chris Krycho said...

I find myself in much the same place, and not really sure how to express it in writing. The post I began two days ago doesn't seem so appropriate at the moment, however accurate.

Love you.