Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Writing goes on, as does life

Well, yesterday was semi-productive. I got some work done, not enough. :P Today I am feeling more energized and like I can be productive. Perhaps getting some more sleep helped. I know the prayers of others definitely did. Thank you.

Last night I began working on my latest lesson and it actually fits with my needs of what I am requiring myself to get done by my critique group on Friday: an interview and article. :D So I got half the lesson done and started brainstorming on what I want to do for the article. I am going to interview a military wife about a heartbreaking time she faced alone while her husband was deployed. Her little sister, only 12, died suddenly and she had to cope alone. I am going to set up to contact her perhaps tomorrow morning.

I have realized while writing and processing stuff the last week or so that we are really in a major transition in our family and it does take a toll on us in every area. Not only are we preparing for our daughter to graduate, my husband has gone through a job change at work, and the changes in our family relationships just continue to move constantly these days. I know it is not a bad thing, just have to keep adjusting, keep going with the flow, so it doesn't overwhelm me. Today I look outside at our wonderful spring time weather in April: it's snowing. Only in Colorado can we swing from 25 degrees on Sunday, to 60 degrees yesterday, to snow again today. I guess that about describes my life right now: sunny one day, snowing the next. I just have to be as prepared as I am able and enjoy what comes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And two hours later after the snow, the sun is shining brightly, the temp is 45 degrees and the wind is blowing 25 mph with gusts to 40... Oh, and that was after three days of dense freezing fog.
Yup, that pretty much describes the way life has been feeling the last several days.
We've been whirling through the rollercoaster of emotions like the changes in the weather. One could liken the three days of fog to the initial climb of the rollercoaster to the starting apex. Then you're over the top and screaming...
Wow, what interesting parallels!

Chris Krycho said...

Mom - you have my prayers. I know some of it has been my fault, and I'm sorry... I love you.

Anonymous said...

Kerry, my heart feels for you. I cannot imagine. I hope we're still friends in nine years when I have to let go of my Oldest. I hold her, (when it's okay for Mom to hold a nine-year-old ;) and feel the years slipping away as she longs and yearns to grow up and move on and yet still be able to be cradled in my arms sometimes. So complex for a Momma. Dear God, You created us, Momma's, in Your image, and You know our Mother's hearts. Come into the inner depths of Kerry's heart and hold her, love her, caress her, cradle her. These days stretch and toil her emotions, and she needs You to care for her as she cares for her family. I love You, Ame