Friday, April 27, 2007

Writing today: That's Life essay

Today I am writing an essay for the Life section of our paper titled, "That's Life." The paper has an open call for submissions for a short essay about anything in life, big or small. They have covered everything from a teen learning to drive, to politeness, to how a family of a race car driver handles watching NASCAR. I am writing an essay about decluttering our basement. The items we are getting rid of are not needed by us any more. However they are filled with memories, some are over 20 years old. I guess I see this as an analogy to life. Sometimes we gotta clean out the clutter which is no longer serving a purpose. Well, off to write.

And by the way, thanks to all for the encouragement yesterday. I had lunch with two friends from my previous employer. Good friends, good laughter and sympathy. They lightened my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh ... lunch with good friends and lots of laughter ... isn't there a prescription for that somewhere? ;)