Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sounding board

I just got off a phone call with a dear, dear sister. She has no idea how vital she is in my life. She is a sounding board for me. Especially in writing the book, but in every area of life. We talk of our families, of how teenagers are, of what the Lord is doing in our hearts, of the calling on our lives. As I talk with her, I am reminded so much of God's goodness. I am reminded of how to laugh, how to pray, how to cry, how to intercede, how to carry others' burdens. She is a treasure to me.

Sherre reminds me of the old Girl Scout song (at least that's where I learned it):
Make new friends, but always keep the old, one is silver, and the other's gold.

What that song doesn't allow for is that friends move from being silver to gold. Sherre is definitely gold. As I talk with her about writing the book and she shares more of her story, she encourages me. She spurs me on to remember the vision of this book. She always broadens my vision of how and why God is callling me to write it. I hope everyone has a friend like Sherre in their lives. We all need to have someone who can not only urge us on, but help us to laugh along the journey.

Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have some very special, life-long, "forever friends." my times talking with them are priceless treasures to me. they live in different states, but when we do see each other or talk, it's as though there was not a day passed since last we spent time together :)

Anonymous said...

What kind of Savior do we have, K, that He would allow such intricate joys to be shared? If people could only understand what a relationship with Him makes possible in our relationships with one another..."He opens His hand and satisfies the desire of every living thing". You are a priceless gift, my friend...you have been from the beginning. ~ s