Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring break

Well, this week is getting off to a slow start writing wise. Spring break will do that to you, at least if you have kids at home. So far this week has been filled with interruptions of giggling, errands, movies, etc.

My 17 yo daughter is getting ready to fly to see her brother in Oklahoma. It should be a great time for both of them and a taste of what's to come this fall for those of us at home. I am excited for her to go and yet praying a bunch for her as well.

When our kids leave home, be it for a week or much longer, our prayer life kicks into high gear. Funny thing but it's like I think I can keep them safe, healthy, spiritually strong when they are home and "only God can" when they are away. This isn't a conscious thing, but truly I am unaware of thinking, functioning, that way. Guess it's God's way of showing me (again!) that my kids are really His kids and He is the one who will keep them at all times and in all places.

Work has hit in a pile as usual. I am hoping to clear the pressing stuff off my desk by later today so that I can hit some more writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, from 3 to 1 in such a few short years - wow - won't life be really different! They'll have a fun time in OK.

btw - how do you pronounce your last name? ;)